teamLab: Digitized Hiroshima Castle
Feb 08 - Apr 07, 2019 Hiroshima Castle Hiroshima, Japan
teamLab: Digitized Hiroshima Castle
Hiroshima Castle is one of Japan’s top three flatland castles originally built in 1589.
This exhibition is a part of teamLab’s Digitized City art project. The concept behind the project is that non-material digital technology can turn a city into art without physically altering it.
teamLab: Digitized Hiroshima Castle, celebrates 400 years since Lord Asano resided in the castle. An iconic symbol of the city, Hiroshima Castle will be turned into an interactive art space which changes due to the interaction of people in the space.
- teamLab: Digitized Hiroshima Castle
- Feb 08, 2019 - Apr 07, 2019
- 18:30 - 21:30 (Last Entry: 21:00)
- No closing day
- Hiroshima Castle
21-1 Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima city, Hiroshima, Japan
- Admission Fee
- Regular Tickets
Adult (16 and Older): JPY 1,000
Children (Elementary and Junior High School): JPY 700
*Free for children 6 years-old and younger
*Guests with disabilities may enter free
No ticket purchase is necessary. Please present your disability card at the entrance.
However, tickets are required for caretakers and chaperones.
Same-day tickets available onsite. Advance tickets available online, and at some ticket agency stores (Edion Hiroshima inside SUNMALL 1st Floor, Ticket Salon inside Fukuya Hiroshima/7th Floor, and more).
- teamLab: Digitized Hiroshima Castle Executive Committee
- Special Sponsors
- Marimo Co., Ltd.
- SUNMALL, THE CHUGOKU ELECTRIC POWER CO.,INC., HIROSHIMA BANK, Nishikido, OGAWA CORPORATION
- THE CHUUGOKU SHINBUN,Central town area "nigiwai" promotion council、kamiyacho-motomachi area "nigiwai" meeting
- teamLab: Digitized Hiroshima Castle Executive Committee Secretariat (RCC Division)
- 082-222-1133 (Weekdays 9:30-17:30)
- By Train (Japan Railways)
Approx. 25 min walk from Hiroshima Station. *Buses or local train lines are available from the station.
Approx. 17 min walk from Shinhakushima Station.
Get off at Godochosha-mae bus stop, then walk approx. 8 min
By Hiroshima Electric Railway (streetcar)
Get off at Kamiyacho-Higashi tram stop or Kamiyacho-nishi tram stop, then walk 15 min
By Astram Line (Hiroshima Rapid Transit)
Get off at Kencho Station or Jyohoku Station, then walk approx. 12 min
Get off at Shinhakushima Station, then walk approx. 17 min
By Hiroshima Meipuru-pu (Hiroshima Sightseeing Loop Bus)
Get off at Hiroshima Castle (Hiroshima Gokoku Shrine) bus stop, then walk approx. 6 min
* There is no parking lot on the castle grounds. Please come via public transportation or use the public parking lots in the area.
* Please refrain from parking on the streets or parking at other facilities without permission. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to natural walking paths, there are areas that cannot be accessed by wheelchairs or strollers.
Please park strollers at the designated space near the entrance.
Guests are responsible for their own belongings.
The organizer is not responsible in the unlikely event of theft or loss.
The organizer is not responsible for accidents or injuries occurring at this event.
Please cooperate and take your own garbage home with you.
Open flames are strictly prohibited. We appreciate your cooperation in not smoking.
Please note that there are slopes, stairs, and rough trails onsite. For your safety, please wear comfortable clothes and shoes that are easy to move in.
No pets are allowed at this event. We will refuse admission of pets including small dogs.
Cancellation due to weather
We will make a decision in the case of light rain. In the case of extreme weather, such as typhoons, the exhibition will be suspended. For details, please check the official HP and SNS of RCC.
Twitter: RCC Event Information @rccevent
Photography and video
Flash photography and use of drones onsite is strictly prohibited.
Please also refrain from using tripods(Including monopods), as they interfere with other visitors.
- For this event, the dias in the inner citadel of Hiroshima Castle is a paid area. Those without tickets may not view it.
- Please note that in the event of photo shooting by the organizer, guests may be subject to the photo shooting, and the images may be used for promotional purposes, including reports on the event and advertising.
- Re-entry into the exhibit is prohibited.
- Ticket purchases cannot be canceled or changed.
- Entrance restrictions will apply if the venue reaches full capacity. Thank you for your understanding.
- Please note that the contents are subject to sudden changes.
- Please refrain from any acts that may damage cultural property.