teamLab Islands Dance! Art Museum and Learn & Play! Future Parks in NAGOYA CITY SCIENCE MUSEUM
- teamLab Islands Dance! Art Museum and Learn & Play! Future Parks in NAGOYA CITY SCIENCE MUSEUM
- Nov 12, 2016 - Feb 12, 2017
- NAGOYA CITY SCIENCE MUSEUM
2-17-1 Sakae, Nagoya City, Aichi
- Closing day
- Every Monday, the other by a closed day calendar of the Nagoya City Science Museum
- Holding time
- 9:30 to 17:00 (last accepted 16:30)
- 800 yen Small-junior high school students 500 yen General 1,400 yen high school, college students
- teamLab Islands Dance! Art Museum and Learn & Play! Future Parks Nagoya Executive Committee
- Pentel Co., Ltd.
teamLab (f. 2001) is an art collective, interdisciplinary group of ultratechnologists whose collaborative practice seeks to navigate the confluence of art, science, technology, design and the natural world. Various specialists such as artists, programmers, engineers, CG animators, mathematicians and architects form teamLab.teamlab.art
teamLab aims to explore a new relationship between humans and nature, and between oneself and the world through art. Digital technology has allowed art to liberate itself from the physical and transcend boundaries. teamLab sees no boundary between humans and nature, and between oneself and the world; one is in the other and the other in one. Everything exists in a long, fragile yet miraculous, borderless continuity of life.
teamLab’s works are in the permanent collection of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney; Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide; Asian Art Museum, San Francisco; Asia Society Museum, New York; Borusan Contemporary Art Collection, Istanbul; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne; and Amos Rex of Helsinki, Finland.