teamLab: Graffiti Nature - Still Mountains and Movable Lakes
May 20 - Sep 17, 2017 Walker Art Center Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- teamLab: Graffiti Nature - Still Mountains and Movable Lakes
- May 20, 2017 - Sep 17, 2017
- Holding Period
- Medtronic Gallery, Walker Art Center
725 Vineland Place Minneapolis, MN 55403 ,USA
- Holding Time
- Tuesday, Wednesday, 11:00-17:00Thursday, 11:00-21:00Friday, Saturday, 11:00-18:00Sunday, 11:00-17:00
- Closing Day
- $14 adults, $12 seniors (65+), $9 students (with ID)Free to Walker members and children ages 18 and under.Free with a paid event ticket within one week of performance or screening.Free to all every Thursday evening (4–8 pm) and on the first Saturday of each month (11 am–6 pm)
teamLab (f. 2001) is an art collective, interdisciplinary group of ultratechnologists whose collaborative practice seeks to navigate the confluence of art, science, technology, design and the natural world. Various specialists such as artists, programmers, engineers, CG animators, mathematicians and architects form teamLab.teamlab.art
teamLab aims to explore a new relationship between humans and nature, and between oneself and the world through art. Digital technology has allowed art to liberate itself from the physical and transcend boundaries. teamLab sees no boundary between humans and nature, and between oneself and the world; one is in the other and the other in one. Everything exists in a long, fragile yet miraculous, borderless continuity of life.
teamLab’s works are in the permanent collection of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney; Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide; Asian Art Museum, San Francisco; Asia Society Museum, New York; Borusan Contemporary Art Collection, Istanbul; and National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne.