teamLab: Digitized Usa Shrine
Usa Shrine stands in the northern part of Oita Prefecture, on the Kunishin Peninsula at the foot of the mountain range. Out of the 40,000-odd shrines dedicated to the Hachiman Gods, this is the main shrine.
The grounds have been designated a National Historic Site, and the main shrine itself a National Treasure.
This exhibition is a part of teamLab’s art project Digitized City. The concept behind the project is that non-material digital art can turn a city into art without physically altering it.
In teamLab: Digitized Usa Shrine, Floating, Resonating Spheres and Resonating Trees are on display. The forest surrounding the grounds and the path leading to the shrine are transformed into an interactive digital art space that changes due to the presence of people.
- teamLab: Digitized Usa Shrine
- 2018.10.26(Fri) - 11.07(Wed)
18:00 – 21:00
* 19:00 – 22:00 for Saturday, October 27 only
859 Minamiusa, Usa City, Ōita Prefecture 872-0102 Google map
- Tassa di Ammissione
* Elementary school students and younger are free.
* Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 20 years or older.
* Ticket available at Ticket Pia [P code: 991-969]
* Ticket can be purchased at door during exhibition period.
- Gli Organizzatore
33rd Oita Japanese Culture Festival 2018, Usa City Committee
18th National Disabled Citizens Art and Culture Festival in Oita, Usa City Committee
Agency for Cultural Affairs
Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Oita Prefectural Board of Education
Usa City Board of Education
- Gli sponsors
- Kiyomatsu Steel Structure co., ltd
- Heads up
- * Parking lots avaiable (JPY 400).
* Operating hours different only on October 27: 19:00 – 22:00.
* Shuttle Taxi (Shared Car) operates until 22:30 only on October 27.
* Admission will be granted based on crowd size. Due to time limitations, there may be cases where visitors who come to the exhibit are unable to enter. Please be forewarned.
* No Smoking.
* No reentry is admitted.
* Contents may change suddenly. Thank you for your understanding.
- By Car
- 6 km (about 15 min) toward Beppu (National highway No. 10) from Usa Interchange
Google map: from Usa Interchange to Usa Shrine
Parking information: here
* Please note that some car GPS's will try to direct you to the main hall of Usa Shrine, which does not have a parking lot
From Usa Station
Shuttle Taxis (Shared Cars) are available during this exhibition.
Fee: JPY 500 (One-way)
Duration: 16:30 – 21:30
* Open until 22:30 only on October 27.
* Departure and arrival times align with those of the JR Express train.
JR Express timetable: here
By Taxi, about 4 km (10 min) towards Nakatsu
From Oita Airport
By Taxi, about 1 hour
From Oita Port
By Car (Car ferry)
- About 50 min toward Oita Interchange exit at Usa Interchange
- Another 60-90 min towards Usa / Nakatsu by National Highway No.10
By JR Express
Oita Port - (Taxi about 10 min) - Oita Station - (JR Express about 40 min) - Usa Station
By JR Local
Oita Port - (Taxi about 3 min) - Nishi Oita Station - (JR Local about 1 hr) - Usa Station
From Beppu Harbor
By Car (Car ferry)
- About 35 min toward Beppu Interchange exit at Usa Interchange
- Another 60 - 90 min Towards Usa / Nakatsu by National Highway No.10
By JR Express
Beppu Harbor - (Taxi about 10 min) - Beppu Station - (JR Express about 30 min) - Usa Station
By JR Local
Beppu Harbor - (Taxi about 10 min) - Beppu University Station - (JR Local about 45 min) - Usa Station
RIGUARDO A NOI
teamLab (f. 2001) is an art collective, interdisciplinary group of ultratechnologists whose collaborative practice seeks to navigate the confluence of art, science, technology, design and the natural world. Various specialists such as artists, programmers, engineers, CG animators, mathematicians and architects form teamLab.teamlab.art
teamLab aims to explore a new relationship between humans and nature, and between oneself and the world through art. Digital technology has allowed art to liberate itself from the physical and transcend boundaries. teamLab sees no boundary between humans and nature, and between oneself and the world; one is in the other and the other in one. Everything exists in a long, fragile yet miraculous, borderless continuity of life.
teamLab’s works are in the permanent collection of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney; Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide; Asian Art Museum, San Francisco; Asia Society Museum, New York; Borusan Contemporary Art Collection, Istanbul; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne; and Amos Rex of Helsinki, Finland.
Usa Jingu Shrine is the most important among approximately 40,000 Hachiman shrines around Japan which was established in 725.www.usajinguu.com/
Usa Jingu Shrine is dedicated to the deities Hachiman Okami (Emper or Oujin), Hime Okami and Jingu Kogo.
teamLab Gallery Showa no Machi, Oita
2017.4.23(Sun) - Permanente
teamLab Gallery Showa no machi, Oita, Giappone
Four Seasons, a 1000 Years, Terraced Rice Fields - Tashibunosho, Oita
2016.1.10(Sun) - Permanente
Bungotakada City Hall, Oita, Japan
teamLab Gallery Matama Beach, Kunisaki Peninsula
2015.3.21(Sat) - Permanente
teamLab Gallery Matama Beach, Oita, Giappone
teamLab: Ube Tokiwa Park 2019
The Way of Water and the Way of Light in the Botanical Garden
2019.8.09(Fri) - 11.04(Mon)
Tokiwa Museum, Ube, Yamaguchi, Giappone