teamLab, 2018-, Interactive Digital Installation, Sound: Hideaki Takahashi
Inverted Globe, Giant Connecting Block Town
A bowl-shaped space that feels as if the world has been turned inside out.
Make the city come to life by placing giant building blocks of houses and stations, running various vehicles such as cars and trains, and developing transport systems.
When blocks of the same kind are placed nearby, they are connected to let the vehicles move along the routes created. Connect the blocks, and the vehicles will evolve more and more. Helicopters fly from the building and the world seen from the helicopter is projected on the screen in the sky.
The world has a river running through it. When it rains, the river floods and the water runs into the city. However, building a waterway with pond blocks and connecting the waterway to the sea will cure the flood of the river.
Pattern recognition power, Space grasping ability, Logical thinking ability, Creativity and expression power
■How to Interact with the Artwork
1. Place giant blocks shaped like houses, stations, buildings to make a town.
2. Connect similar kinds of blocks to create roads and railways and waterways. Different kinds of vehicles will start to move along the routes created.
3. Lining up more blocks causes the town to evolve.
4. The town will gradually develop when moe blocks are connected.
5. You can stop the river from flooding by placing water blocks on top of the overflowing river and by linking it with blocks to connect the river to the sea.