Don't miss the first Seattle Art Fair this weekend
ウェブサイト『K5』にて、Seattle Art Fairが掲載されました。
Get down to Century Link this weekend for a world-class art show
SEATTLE, Wash – The Paul Allen backed Seattle Art Fair opened last night at the Century Link Events Center in a grand gala attended by more than 4,000 guests. This first of its kind event gives the people of Seattle the opportunity to view works of art from some of the top artists and galleries in the world. There are performances, lectures, demonstrations, tours, shuttles to satellite exhibits and events, and free ice cream sandwiches celebrating the summer sunset from artist Spencer Finch’s outdoor ice cream truck.
Kelly Freeman, Director of the Seattle Art Fair talked about what makes this event so special.
“This is the first year of the Seattle Art Fair and we’ve brought 62 of the world’s best galleries to the Century Link Events Center. We have some of the best of the best, and when you come to the Seattle Art Fair you have the opportunity to engage with artwork that perhaps you wouldn’t be able to see anywhere else in the world.”
We asked Executive Director Max Fishko to give us some insight on what works shouldn’t be missed:
- The Pace Gallery and Gagosian Gallery are regarded as two of the most important art dealers in the world. Each have international presence and represent a wide range of artists of contemporary and historical significance. Both are exhibiting in the Fair.
- The teamLab video work at the Pace Gallery booth. “The installation from teamLab is incredible, this is a collection of video works by probably the most prominent video and digital artists’ collaboration in the world.”
- Black Hawk Powder, a performance by Addie Wagenknecht is a series of “mechanically assisted” paintings being created on site with a drone helicopter. These are scheduled demonstrations throughout the weekend, so if you want to see it in person to be there Fri Jul 31st 1-1:30p, Sat Aug 1st 5-5:30p, or Sun Aug 2nd 2:30-3:00.
- Artist Al Farrow’s solo exhibitat the Forum Gallery Booth. “There’s an incredible installation of Al Farrow’s work. He’s making cathedral’s mosques and synagogues out of guns and ammunition. The pieces and the machinery of war are being re-crafted into these incredible, cherished objects.”
- The Dustin Yellin solo exhibition of artwork at the Winston Wächter Fine Art booth. “Those pieces are stunning, they are a number of glass panels, each one has inlaid objects in a sort of collage fashion and they all come together to form one gigantic figure. You should definitely see them.”
- The Seattle Art Fair runs through 6pm Sunday Aug 2nd at the Century Link Events Center. There are shuttles available from Century Link to several satellite exhibitions including one at the Living Computer Museum.
- Public Fair Hours are Friday and Saturday 11a-7p and Sunday 12p-6p. Paid parking is available in the South Parking lot off of South Royal Brougham Way, adjacent to the CenturyLink Field Event Center (WaMu Theater).
Visit the Site: http://seattleartfair.com/K5
Aug 01, 2015